Having done the research; weighed the pros and cons; done your homework and selected a suitable plastic surgeon in Yorkshire. The surgery has been scheduled. Now you’ve got butterflies in your tummy. The nervousness kicks in. It seems like there’s nothing more for you to do besides anticipate till the day that you go under the knife. Hold your horses. There are some things which you ought to be doing while you wait. Here are some tips based on information we’ve collected from renowned cosmetic surgeons in Yorkshire.
- Quit smoking – Smoking may hamper with your recovery period and cause unnecessary complications.
- Medical history and list of medications – Ensure that you’ve given your cosmetic surgeon your medical history and list of medications. He/she will instruct you on which to stop a couple of weeks prior to surgery.
- Go shopping – Buy the after-care items such as antibacterial soap, dressing and gauze, thermometer and easy to prepare food items. Your cosmetic surgeon will give you a prescription for pain medications. Fill them before surgery. Remember the Scouts’ motto – Be Prepared!
- Clean – Your house should be thoroughly cleaned and make sure you have adequate clean clothing.
- Get company – Make arrangements with a family member or close friend to be with you 48 hours after surgery.
- Personal hygiene – Your surgeon will give you a personal hygiene routine for scrubbing yourself with anti-bacterial soap. Follow it like a prayer.
Now that you know how the days leading up to your breast surgery date should be spent. We’ll keep you posted on what to do on the day prior to surgery within the next few days. Remember to talk to your cosmetic surgeon about all your queries relating to the days leading up to your surgery date.
Cosmetic surgery is a life-changing experience. Do your best to ensure that your life is changed for the better just you wish.